Thursday, March 4, 2010

Letters to NYOutpost part one

*ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION*
22nd October 2089
0800 hours 
Hey sis, remember how we used to sit in the ruins, sun gently caressing our faces, seeing the new life come through the rubble and dream about changing this world, well i was just recruited into the Templars. it was pretty intense to even apply for the position, after i left i was walking through the NY underpass.

i entered the once freeway to hear the distant cry's of a child. i kept my own pace striding through the dirt and water, i finaly got to an alcove in the wall. i sat there to consume some of the lembas you made me. resting my head against my rucksack i devoured what you had given me, a weeks supply gone. as i reclined to recharge my body, i heard the cry again, i muffled child's cry. i tried to ignore it but it just kept getting louder and louder. then it stopped.

sitting bolt upright i listened to anymore noise, drawing my bolter just in case i stuck my head outside the alcove, nothing. i went to lay down when i heard footsteps, but not walking. running. how could someone be running, there's a freakin' river down here. poking my head out again the footsteps stopped, all i saw was the murky depths of the water and some ripples in the water, looking as if something was advancing on my position. i jumped to an overhead beam and lifted myself up.

a deep growl was heard and the footsteps increased their speed and volume. frantically pulling myself up i looked up. a creature with the figure of a starved child looked at me, its face was dripping with black ichor. it looked at me with its void like eyes and opened its mouth, revealing. well nothing. just darkness. its mouth got wider and wider until it was about the size of my head.

falling off the beam i landed on the ground. the next thing i remeber was these knight like people towering over my body, pure energy crackling over their angelic armour. a few bursts of las fire later and the picked me up, eyes still blurry i came face to face with what looked like an angel. a halo, light consuming his body, when i regained my vision i saw the scar under us left cheek. this was Gabriel, leader of the templars.

2 comments:

  1. This must be the living drama of nightmare! Incredible sense of intimidating surrealism in the image of a creature much like a "starved child"! And the fact that Gabriel, traditionally an archangel, but here leading the templars, is quite a "switch"! Very imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just noted your time discrepancy! Go to Teen Waves at the top left and see how to adjust your time postings to Melbourne time. e.g. I am really posting now at 5:58pm Thursday 4th March!

    ReplyDelete